Tuesday 15 January 2013

Welcome to eTeaching


Welcome to the e-teaching course

Remember this URL! Or even the etandlx3 bit...search for that and these pages are the top hit. Everything that happens on the course including week by week reviews will be found somewhere on this blog.

Image overview of course here: click here and Information leaflet here

See also blog with loads of stuff for the course updated regularly and the e-teaching daily - updated daily! https://paper.li/eteachingx3/1374527908

You will get sent a link to the checklist via your Google account. I like people to be able to build an online portfolio in their own way but  you may like something a little more prescriptive and I will upload a baseline guide here soon.
  • Important notice: all comments/ opinions/ views on this blog are the course tutors' own
  • Important notice 2: To all Ipad and Iphone users- some of the resources on this site use Flash- by default Iphones and Ipads don't support Flash and probably never will. This means that if you use Flash based tools to make resources then your students are unlikely to be able to access them from Ipads or Iphones. You need to make informed judgements about where and how you and students will be accessing them.


18 comments:

  1. this is a comment. I can comment on these blog posts if I am logged into google

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, well, I'll try this again! When I posted last time my comment came up twice, so I deleted one post, or what I thought was one post, but actually it deleted them both!

      I enjoyed the first week, though I was a bit tired towards the end. I'm not a big fan of blogs, but needs must in this case I guess... I'm looking forward to learning some new stuff this week.

      Delete
  3. A very interesting session, I enjoyed setting up my blog and having a go at dfilm.com software.I will definitely use it to set context for my classrom activities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a useful session, I enjoyed making my own film and found it a useful alternative for presenting information in one of my lessons this week. It was also the first time I set up a blog which was enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great stuff, good to see you on here...though I am left wondering what was deleted???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I throughly enjoyed the first session and had no idea there are so many electronic resources out there! I liked making the short animation, setting up the blog will no doubt prove to be very useful too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just literally 'flicked through' the 'pedagogical approaches document....' And I hear myself inwardly shouting "Too much text"! How many times have we heard the same statement from one of our learners?
    Being a visual learner myself I believe using more and more technologies/visuals in the classroom is a good thing, especially when introducing a new topic or to invigorate an otherwise boring piece of course work. Don't get me wrong, I'm a staunch advocator of the pen & paper, of which I still use in certain lessons, but there is certainly more than one way to skin a chicken!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. couldn't agree more. pen is often mightier than the mouse. or chicken

      Delete
  8. Thought we were shown some really useful stuff and have already used a few bits in class. Got to be honest though - not really a massive fan a blogging. Will give it a shot, however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blogging does have a bit of a bad rep...but then so does powerpoint..for me it's what you make of it whilst being aware of the pitfalls

      Delete
  9. Enjoyed the first session, especially the fact that it was very practical. It's always great to find new ways to present information to students and enliven lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks tim. that's kind of a mantra for me- enliven lessons- it's the first step towards improving learning

      Delete
  10. Practical ideas are always welcome, so that was very good. My students had a lot of fun when making short videos and I hope we'll get to experiment with similar websites/resources in the forthcoming sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am enjoying my e teaching course and I look forward to having a go with all new software which Is been introduced in the course.

    http://mw-eteaching.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. wishing my BSix colleagues great success on the e-teacher course... I hear good things all the time about how well you are doing... Philip.

    ReplyDelete